This tour is an excellent way to learn about the famous US wineries and enjoy good wine in a company of experts. And it also has just the right amount of history. It will also be a great present for those who like wine and are interested in how it is made.
This tour is a fantastic journey for wine lovers, as during two days it will take you to the most intriguing places in the USA connected with wine.
Day 1: Wine Lovers Wine Country Tour
Here you have options to choose where you want to go: either to the whole of Napa Valley, or Sonoma Valley, or some of both. The guide will spend some time with the group discussing the options and taking suggestions.
Usually you can expect to visit from four to six boutique wineries in one day. On the rest of the drive north, the guide will fill guests in on the colorful history of California and wine making therein. The short drives between wineries will afford time to talk about the science and art of wine making, wine tasting, and other fascinating topics.
You will also be able to enjoy olive oil and gourmet cheese tasting where available.
NOTE: The wineries are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Day 2: Alcatraz Tour
During the second day of the tour you will get a chance to experience the Cellhouse and explore the Island. Step back in time as you are experiencing the legendary island that used to serve as a civil war fort, a military prison, and one of the most notorious federal penitentiaries in US history.
This memorable tour includes:
– A 45 minute audio presentation “Doing Time: The Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour” (featuring actual correctional officers and prisoners who lived and worked on the Island).
– The orientation video made by the ‘Discovery Channel’.
– The ranger and docent tours.
– Enjoying the sights of historic gardens and the location’s abundant wildlife.
– Your ferry ticket is reserved for a specific time, and it takes about 10-15 minutes to get from San Francisco to the island.
– The full tour takes about 2-2.5 hours.
– Alcatraz is a very popular location so be sure to book your tickets in advance.
– Alcatraz tour will take place in the afternoon. Once your Alcatraz package has been confirmed, the tickets are non-refundable.
– In order to enquire about the availability of tickets on the day that you chose please contact us. If it is not available, we will refund you Alcatraz ticket fee.
– We are kindly asking you to phone us up so that to verify that Alcatraz tickets are available for your desired departure date if it is approaching.
– As for the 2nd day transportation, you will take a ferry and the tour also requires some walking so be sure to dress up correspondingly.
– We do not offer hotel reservation for this tour so we are asking our guests to arrange their hotel accommodation on your own before starting your tour.
|Tour duration||2 days|
|Type of activity||Bus/Coach; Ferry; Walking|
|Start city||San Francisco, CA, USA|
|End city||San Francisco, CA, USA|
|Operating||Jun 14th – Aug 31st : Daily|
Nov 1st – Feb 28th : Daily